Since inception, Atlas has been dedicated to staying on the cutting edge of automatic identification and data collection (AIDC) technologies such as barcode, GPS, Wi-Fi, passive/active RFID, and others. We leverage this expertise to develop and implement custom AIDC-enabled solutions for clients in all industries. Within the AIDC community, we maintain a vendor neutral position so that we can always source the best technology components to meet our customers’ specific needs without any bias or conflict of interest. Furthermore, we thoroughly test AIDC components in the specific environment of question before making technical recommendations or deploying operationally. Many options exist for you to improve business processes via AIDC technology and Atlas can serve as a competent and experienced partner for leveraging the growing capabilities of this field.
Steps to RFID Implementation
Atlas RFID Solutions utilizes a proven seven-step approach to RFID implementation. By guiding each of our clients through this formal process, we can accurately and efficiently assess needs, identify challenges, and design the optimal RFID system for your specific situation.
In this initial step in our process, we help your business brainstorm, formulate and identify specific opportunities where RFID may help achieve your goals. Atlas will also conduct an RFID workshop to enhance your understanding of RFID and the related technologies so that your team can make informed decisions.
- Develop Understanding of Your Business
- Evaluate Current Processes
- Assess Costs and Benefits
- Conduct RFID Workshop
- Answer Any RFID Questions
- Provide Basis for Decision Making
- Detailed Overview of Opportunities for Your Specific Business
2. Business Assessment
In this step, the experts at Atlas will work with your team to develop a long-term plan for adopting RFID and formulate a vision of how your business will look with RFID in place.
- Build a Long-Term Plan
- Understand Your Business Strategies
- Evaluate Key Factors Critical to Successful RFID Deployment
- Establish Goals of Greater Profits Through RFID
- Build A Practical Business Case For RFID
- Guidance Through a Customized Request for Proposal
3. Technical Assessment
In this step, Atlas will ensure that all parties have a complete understanding of your current systems. We will complete a thorough, on-site assessment of your current system architecture, data flow, network and communication systems, and your radio frequency environment.
- Technical Insight Regarding Environment and System Performance Needs
- Complete Understanding of Existing System and Possibilities for Integration
- On-Site Assessment of Current System
- Produce Good Faith Estimate of Costs and Implications of RFID Implementation
4. Solutions Design and Architecture
During this phase in the process, the experts at Atlas will create a master plan that showcases what your application and infrastructure architecture will look like after deploying RFID.
- Master Plan of Existing Systems and Needed Changes
- RFID Application and Infrastructure Architecture
- Provide Clear Goals For Implementation
- Promote Discussions Between You and Your Business Units, End Users, Operations Staff, IT Staff, and Business Partners
- Design Application Integration
- Design Read Point Selection and Customization
- Design Storage Planning
- Design Server Infrastructure
- Develop a Customized Roadmap From Start to Finish
Before completing a full-scale implementation, Atlas will take you through a pilot project to validate our assumptions. This pilot project will allow us to work with your team to make any necessary adjustments to the overall roadmap. After the pilot project is complete, we will implement the full-scale RFID solution that has been custom designed for your business.
- Pilot Project Implementation
- Revise Roadmap As Needed in Real World Application
- Full-Scale Implementation Process
- Achievement of Goals in Timely, Productive, and Cost-Effective manner
- Fully Functional, Fully Integrated RFID Solution That Allows For Immediate ROI
6. Continuous Improvement
Atlas is not finished when implementation is complete, we work with your company to find ways to make your system and processes even more efficient over time. We are committed to the continually evolving technology of RFID and we want to make sure that you take advantage of any new capabilities or innovations that might improve your business processes.
- Continual Evaluation of Effectiveness
- Long-Term Improved Processes
- Application of Any Appropriate Technology Developments
- Streamline RFID Process Within Your Organization As Needs Change
7. Lateral Partner Application
As the last stage in our RFID process, we help our customers identify partners and suppliers who could also benefit from RFID solutions. A fully integrated RFID system across your entire network can exponentially increase your ROI from RFID.
- Identify Potential Partners
- Develop Cross-Functional RFID Systems With Your Partners
- Exponentially Increase The Benefits of RFID
- Assist with Defined Agenda and Standards For Partner Integration