Reduce indirect labor hours by removing manual, error-prone, paper-based material control processes.
- Labor intensive, manual, paper-based processes used to manage materials
- Lack of quality information regarding material furnished by others
- Ability to locate materials quickly reduced as size and complexity of projects increases
- “Paper to Computer” record keeping processes drives decisions based on erroneous or outdated information
- Control of material is compromised as it flows between multiple physical locations and changes care, custody and control between parties
- Major blind spots in current systems results in lack of visibility of what is coming, what is onsite, and what is ready for construction
- High material availability issues lead to reprocurement, re-work and contractor claims
The Value of Digital & Automation
Manual, error-prone, paper-based processes drive up in-direct labor costs. Replacing paper with a digital process reduces data entry and empowers workers in the field to make more informed decisions in real-time.
Jovix saves 1-5% of in-direct labor costs by digitizing paper processes and when possible automating them completely.
Potential Savings on a $300M Project
|Total Installed Cost||100%||$300M||.03% – .09%||$90k – $270k|
|Material & PPE||40%||$120M||.05% – .15%||$60k – $180k|
|Construction Indirect Labor||15%||$45M||3% – 5%||$1.35M – $2.2M|
|Construction Direct Labor & Subs||25%||$75M||1% – 3%||$750k – $2.25M|
|Other Construction Indirect Costs||5%||$M||–||–|
|TOTAL||$2.25M – $4.9M|
Fabricator Success Story
This client success story was an expansion into an existing facility in the Athabasca Oil Sands. A single EPC Firm ran the construction site with multiple fabrication subcontractors to build out the expansion of bitumen processing plant.
Objectives of the Project
- Decrease material location times
- Reduce reprocurement costs
- Provide visibility between fabricators and jobsite
- Reduced laydown crew from 12 crew members, 3 supervisors supervisors and 3 forklifts to 3 crew members, 1/2 time supervisor and 1 forklift
- Completed construction 6 months ahead of schedule due to better planning
- Reported ZERO lost spools in 2 years, reducing reprocurement costs
- Tracked materials over 3,000 miles from site to site for better visibility
- Located materials 4x faster in harsh weather conditions